Blacklisting - 510 Software Group
m***@yahoo.com
2007-12-05 07:53:04 UTC
510 Software Group

I am contacting this form as a private citizen; I am not associated
with any company, business, or organization which uses email for
sales
or marketing purposes. My only access to the internet is through my
own personal computer located in the living room of my own one
bedroom
apartment. I use a PC running Windows Millennium and connect to the
internet on a dial up internet connection through AOL.

I have used the same primary email address since 1998
(malajexatyahoocom) without incidence or delay in service. However
several weeks ago it became apparent all outgoing email was no longer
reaching its destination, and subsequent tests revealed that to be
true. Spending some time researching the matter led me to discover
that I was listed on 510's blacklist (also known as a black hole)
presumably as a spammer.

I am not a spammer, and have no vested interest in any group or body
dedicated to such activies. Additionally, my personal computer is
well
secured from exploitation due to updated firewall and aniti virus/
spyware software. I have run several security tests including
checking
all ports, and have found my system to be completely secure.

As stated I am no longer able to send email to my friends or
associates, and can give no explanation as to why I appear on this
list as a spammer. I have no knowledge or expertise beyond that
stated
in this form, and I doubt I have ever even seen a mail server, having
worked mainly as a bartender in hotels and private clubs.

Again let me state clearly that I have no websites, marketing firm,
or
other internet based business which would require the use of email,
nor do I work for or have association with any organization engaged
in
email campaigns or other email related activity.

So my question is how did I wind up on the list, and how do I get
off?
I only use my email account for personal and legitimate email, and it
has worked flawlessly until being placed in the black hole. Could you
please advise me regarding this matter, as I would like to continue
communicating with my friends?

Current IP: 172.131.114.230

Respectfully, G. Harris
m***@yahoo.com
2007-12-05 07:54:12 UTC
Post by m***@yahoo.com
[...]
Dear Carl, please read my posting called "Blacklisting - 510 Software
Group" under net-abuse.misc. I really don't think people should have
to get a college degree in networking in order to send a simple
email.
That's basically what you're telling us to do, as all this high tech
stuff is not meant for the general public who just want to send an
email. Additionally, your involvement in my life has produced only
100% negative results, and I never asked you into my life. I consider
this a violation of my right to free speech, and its sad to see a
person making a living by hurting other innocent people. I'm not a
spammer! I do not see it as reasonable or just to punish innocent
people for the actions of others, and many legitimate businesses have
been hurt by blacklisting companies like yours who only offer complex
and expensive solutions to a problem you created. In fact one might
say that companies like yours are undermining the American economy
due
to the countless hours of businesses dealing with a situation you
created - a bad situation. Many people sign up for news letters and
then are to lazy to unsubscribe, simply marking such email as spam
when in fact it is not. If you can't do something right, then don't
do
it at all.